The Dream

3/31/2016

Everyone has a dream. You know, that thing you long for more than anything, the one thing you know will make you the happiest you've ever been? We all have them, all different, some bigger than others, some more obscure than others. Whatever the dream, we all want to achieve them. From reading this you probably have your biggest dream in the forefront of your mind, so let me tell you mine.

New York. Cliché I know but nothing makes me happier than the prospect of one day living in the Big Apple. I say nothing makes me happier, although at the same time the idea makes me so incredibly sad. Without sounding too over dramatic, I cannot hear about friends trips to New York, or see TV shows with beautifully panning shots of the New York city skyline without feeling a slight twinge of sadness. As much as I'd like to believe my dream is realistic, when I see these things, I can't help but think that perhaps my dream is just a bit too big. Doubting myself is one of my biggest flaws, so when it comes to potentially moving to New York it is not surprising that I doubt my ability to do it.

I have a lot of dreams and ideas, and I realised that now I am 20 I need to start working towards pursuing them. Not because I'm scared that I am getting old or anything dramatic like that, I just have so many that if I don't start now I couldn't possibly ever accomplish them all. Which brings me to my point. I want to use this blog to document my journey towards reaching some of these dreams through a blog series. While I haven't got all the logistics of this series worked out I want to make it a fairly regular things, potentially monthly. My plan is this, at the end of every month I will write a reflection on what happened that month, and from that I will set aims to achieve for the following month so that I can look back at whether or not I achieve these aims in that months reflections. I know it sounds complicated but if everything goes to plan all will be revealed shortly.

Sorry this post has been a bit haphazard and not make much sense, but roll with it, this is just the beginning.

Dream Big

Laura

xoxoxo

Twitter: @LauraCharlotteG
instagram: @lauragee95

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images